Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Logroño - Navarrete

18.04.19

We had a "late start" this morning. Breakfast at 7:50 am.
It was a gloomy, rainy day. Resulting in us only walking 13km after our 28km hike the day before.

The walk out of Logroño was a long one. We stopped at a small Caffè for breakfast. Here we met Frank (Malcolm had already met him) who was covering his shoes in duck tape in an attempt to keep them dry. 


Six feet - One Camino

During the walk we passed a fence covered in wooden crosses. Endless. It was a humbling and reflective sight. 

Unbeknownst to most of my Camino friends, my journey did have a religious motive.



I came on the Camino (partially at least) in search of healing. I've been suffering from chronic pains in my joints. Crippling me on my worst days - invisible on my best. Perhaps I was missing something? Maybe God would show me what that something was...

It was comforting to me that the other pilgrims were struggling just as much as I was. Or should I say, that I wasn't struggling more than they were. 

Already getting excited about the number of km we've done!

We chose a smaller albergue in Navarette. The room was painted (almost like a childrens room) with stars on the ceiling. 

Carolin and I had met no Germans (apart from Frank) so far. Suddenly we were surrounded by them!Where had they all come from? Today would be the first day we meet Florian. We wouldn't have much time with him - the time we did have I shall never forget. 

Today was Malcolm's turn to get the beers. We enjoyed some sandwiches before retiring to our beds.














No comments:

Post a Comment