Friday, June 7, 2019

Puente la Reina - Estella

15.04.19

Today was really tough. My leg and shoulder are becoming a problem - pain a constant companion.
I couldn't keep up with Carolin so she walked ahead. It wasn't a great feeling I must admit. Watching her get further and further away. At the same time I was incredibly proud of her - it took a lot of courage for her to do so (for those of you who don't know Carolin in person, she is painfully shy).

Most of my walk to Estella was spent with Heather (we had met her on day one).
I came to find that talking made walking a lot easier. What about? Everything and nothing - what happens on the Camino stays on the Camino.

It's 15:31. We just enjoyed a small meal (bread with olive oil) in the sun. It's windy - a thunderstorm is forecast.

I spent the afternoon and evening writing in my journal and talking with Amber, Karen, Heather and a few others. We went for a meal together (see below) and came up with a name for our union - The Tinto Trekkers.

Karen, Amber, Carolin, Emma and myself.


The thunderstorm was beautiful. I love listening to rain hitting the window, watching the lightning illuminate the sky. It was almost peaceful.

I'm not homesick at all. Not even a little bit. I've never felt more at home than here. On the road. New places and new faces every single day.

The magic of the Camino was starting to take hold of me.



















No comments:

Post a Comment