Saturday, July 27, 2019

Hontanas - Castrojeriz



 25.04.2019


We didn't walk very far today. Around 10km. What the reason for that was - I am no longer sure. This is day 16 on the Camino. After a while I suppose I got sick of repeating myself - it rained today, everything hurts. Malcolm, Carolin and myself had breakfast in a rustic little Cafe. We were joined by a pilgrim we had last seen in Pamplona. It was good to see her again. It's amazing really. You don't see people of weeks and weeks and then they just - appear. 



It was raining and storming outside (we got hail that day as well). The trees were dancing in the wind. The cafe had a little oven so all of us, half frozen pilgrims, tried sitting as close to it as possible. Have I mentioned pain killers lately? No? Well. Today it was time for the big guns. My knee (yes pain a constant companion) is crippling me.

We decided to stay (our shoes still not completely dry) in a comfortable little albergue -  Orion.
Yes, I highly recommend this place. The rooms were comfortable, the showers were warm. But this albergue is special in more ways than one. The main reason being they served us freshly cooked (and very delicious) korean food.



We used today for rest. I don't think we left our beds apart from a short walk I convinced Malcolm and Carolin to take with me. Yes, a walk...silly really.

Tony has done so much for me on the Camino. Today was my chance to help him - I reserved a bed for him. I was elated when he came walking through the door. I met a lot of amazing people on the Camino but Tony, well, Tony. He's someone special. There's something about him. Something wise, fatherly, loving. Whenever he's around I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment